Visit Our Blog (click above) to see Hothfielders believing and achieving every day...
"All children can become successful and energised learners..."
Welcome to Hothfield Junior School Website
Click here to visit our blog to see our children's learning every day.
Our Hothfield Values
At Hothfield we believe that:
- children need to feel safe and healthy in order to learn and develop well and so we need to play our part in ensuring children are secure and full of energy
- our school should be an uplifting place where all children are valued and cared for
- all children have the potential to be energised and successful learners because intelligence is not fixed – it can be grown.
And so we want our children to leave Hothfield with:
- strength in the Hothfield 6Rs for Learning – resilience; responsibility; good social and learning relationships; resourcefulness and the ability to reflect and reason.
- confidence and enjoyment in reading, writing and maths
- a strong knowledge and understanding of the world around them and the desire to know more
- an appreciation of the lives of others – recognising that which we have in common and valuing difference
- the ability to grow from mistakes, have their ideas challenged and challenge the ideas of others
- an understanding that effort plus challenge equals success
- a positive attitude towards school and learning and a motivation to continue succeeding